Monday, October 5, 2009

Busy, busy, busy

Haven't been blogging......life has this uncanny way of interrupting your great intentions.

We needed a new roof on the house.....and were in the process of doing a loan for it. Then, when the roofers are on the roof....I call to find out when the money will be deposited in my account and the Bank tells me.....there's a problem.

A problem? You've had the information for a month and NOW you decide there's a problem? You sent me all the info on how much my payments are going to be and when you're going to start taking them out of my account, and NOW you decide there's a problem? What's the problem?

We're CAUV......agriculture use value. Well, duh. And that means.......? Well, we're getting a tax break already. Yeah, and that means......? I mean, they'd give Donald Trump all the money in the WORLD and he has tax breaks out the wazoo. Try again. Well, the value of the house isn't enough for your amount. 1/10th? You can't get me 1/10th the worth of my place?

Well, the rejection letter came back saying that the credit report show insufficient activity. Insufficient activity? (Notice they changed the tune of CAUV....clever, huh?) Been with that bank 15 years and another branch for 2 years......had 2 mortgages with that bank......have a credit card......have had credit cards since 1969 or theresabout. I guess I still had insufficient activity after 17 years with them.....huh?

Went to another bank.....they had a problem with CAUV. Looks like you can't get a loan for remodeling or a 1st mortgage if you have CAUV. Which doesn't make sense.....people who want to move out to a farm are going to do everything possible to keep it. They just do.

I can put it on my credit card (at exhorbitant interest), but not get it otherwise at lower interest like any normal, prudent and financial-thinking person would do. Who'd a thunk?

So scrambling to find enough to scrape together. Did pay the roofer (he was a great guy), but depleted everything else. Being in the horse business, we have a lot of assets.....but they are not very liquid.....in fact they are positively granite boulders.

In scrambling, went to the Credit Union where we had just depleted our account. In less than a week, we were approved for 1/2...that's 50%.....of the value of our place. We don't need that much......but it was interesting how easy they were able to get it done.

Breathing room at last.......well, at least for right now!

No comments:

Post a Comment